I think I speak for many people out there that have had enough snow and cold this winter already. With the weather being so cold, it is keeping people indoors and also keeping buyers indoors as well. Though there is nothing like a warm fire and cozy blankets on the cold days and nights.
Spring is coming and if you are thinking of selling your home, now is a good time to start your internal cleaning and decluttering to prepare for the listing of your home. Here are a
few tips to get your home ready to list
1) Walk through your home and see if you were going to buy this home what woud you notice - good or bad - if you think someone will notice something wrong, fix it before you list it
2) De-personalize your home by taking down family photos and putting up art ewith colour and design
3) Clear out closets and pack away to increase the closet space
4) Remove larger furniture to increase space within yur home - have as little furniture as possible
5) A fresh coat of paint goes a long way to freshening the smell of your home and creating a nice clean look
6) Clean and have cleaners do a thorough cleaning of every oart of your home - have your carpets steam cleaned
7) Keep garbages empty to decrease garbage smell and always have fresh smelling
Less is more when you are going to sell your home. Less furniture and tables equals more space for buyers to see their furniture in your home.
You may choose to use a stager for your home or your realtor can assist you with this.
Hope this helps and I will be sharing other tidbits of information and fun stuff on Tea with Theresa